- In the event that any of the provisions of this contract are not followed we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to the service (in total). Any users banned in this way must not attempt to use the website under any other name or by using the access credentials of another user, with or without the permission of that user.
- This website may only be used bona fide by:
- private individuals browsing internet content for their own private personal purposes; and
- commercial organisations genuinely interested in posting content on the site.
This website may not be used by any other type of user. In particular, commercial competitors of ours, those looking to promote goods or services to us, hackers, and aggregators may not use this site and must cease doing so if they have started to do so.
- Unless otherwise indicated on the website, or given express written permission to do so by us, and subject to re-use without written permission under any of the exceptions detailed in Chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988, you may only print, reproduce, copy, distribute, store, or in any other fashion re-use, Content for private personal purposes (including, but not limited to: recreational use and use in education as a student or teacher); you may not use Content for any commercial purposes.
- Subject to any specific exceptions outlined in this contract, any text, logos, icons, page layouts, page layout, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this website (“Content”) unless uploaded by you, is deemed between you and us to be our property that you acknowledge is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property and other laws.
- All Content submitted is for publication on the website and other such uses as we may deem appropriate on an irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual basis. All moral rights are waived in Content.
- When using the forums, chat or similar and / or any other system from this website, and when submitting Content to this website, you should do so in accordance with the following rules:
6.1 you must not use obscene or vulgar language;
6.2 you must not submit Content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, Content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist, racist or ANY CONTENT THAT DEPICTS ANIMAL CRUELTY IN ANY WAY;
6.3 you must not submit Content that is intended to promote or incite violence;
6.4 posts on message boards, chat facilities or similar communications (including all with us) are to be made in English, where possible; we may be unable to respond to enquiries submitted in any other languages;
6.5 content submissions are required to be made using English, where possible; Content in any other language may be removed at our sole discretion;
6.6 you must not post links to other web sites containing any of the above types of Content;
6.8 you must not engage in any form of commercial advertising, with the exception of our bona fide directory members to promote bona fide dog services (excessive advertising promotion by members may be limited). This does not prohibit references to businesses for non-promotional purposes including references where advertising may be incidental;
6.9 you must not impersonate other people, particularly our employees and representatives;
6.10 you must not submit material that may contain viruses or any other software or instructions that may damage or disrupt other software, computer hardware or communications networks; and
6.11 you must not use our System for unauthorised mass-communication such as “spam” or “junk mail”.
7. Content submitted by Users is not screened by us prior to appearing online. We retain the right to exercise our sole discretion to remove or relocate any Content as we deem appropriate without the consent of the author. We shall be under no obligation to exercise such discretion. If you wish to enquire as to the removal of Content, please submit your query to us using the contacts in the contacts link. This does not constitute an undertaking to explain our actions. You acknowledge that we reserve the right to monitor and edit and/or remove any and all communications made to us or using our System.
8. In order to use the forums, chat or similar and any other communication facility that may be added in the future or to submit Content, you are required to submit certain personal details. By continuing to use this website you represent and warrant that:
8.1 any information you submit is accurate and truthful; and
8.2 you will keep this information accurate and up-to-date.
- By submitting Content you warrant and represent that you are the author of such Content or that you have acquired all of the appropriate rights and / or permissions to use the Content in this fashion. Further, you waive all moral rights in the Content to be named as its author and grant us a licence to modify the Content as necessary for its inclusion on the website. We accept no responsibility or liability for any infringement of third party rights by such Content.
- This website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under our control and we assume no responsibility for the content of such web sites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
- Those wishing to place a link to this website on other sites may do so without prior permission only to the home page of the website. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within the site) requires our express written permission; to find out more please contact us using the contacts shown on the “contacts” link.
- Nothing in this contract is intended to exclude or restrict our liability for causing death or personal injury, or resulting from any negligence or fraud on our part; the remainder of this contract is subject to this clause.
- We will not be liable in any way or under any circumstances for any loss or damage that you may incur as a result of such Content, nor for any errors or omissions in the Content. Use of and reliance upon such Content is entirely at your own risk.
- We make no warranty or representation that the website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our services.
- No part of this website is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
- Whilst effort has been applied aimed at ensuring that descriptions of services available from us correspond to the actual third-party services available, we are not responsible for the third party services nor for any variations from their descriptions and do not guarantee that descriptions are up to date and/or completely accurate.
- This website is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis; we give no warranty that the service will be free of defects and / or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
- We accept no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE ACCEPT NO LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSS OR DAMAGE, FORESEEABLE OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN. USERS SHOULD BE AWARE THAT THEY USE THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT AT THEIR OWN RISK.
- In the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from this contract and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remainder of the contract. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
- In the event that any party to this contract fails to exercise any right or remedy contained in this contract, that shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
- In the event of any conflict between this contract and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of this contract shall prevail.
- This contract and the relationship between you and us shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and you and we agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.